Monday, April 18, 2011

ME. COOK. NOW.

Wow, I've missed my kitchen.

I know I cooked a few meals over the last couple of weeks, but I don't really remember what it was that I cooked or ate.  All I know is that it was vegan and a several meals came from Taco Bell.  Thank you, Lord, for the blessed bean burrito. 

Oh, and my kitchen missed me.  I think I heard it groaning under all the dirt and crumbs that amassed while I was working on our church's Easter musical.

It's over now and so is my theatre-induced haze.

Less than 24 hours after I arrived home I've managed Spring Rolls with rice noodles, homemade strawberry jelly and Strawberry Oatmeal Bars.  I am very tempted to get up in the morning and make cinnamon rolls for a curriculum meeting I have tomorrow.  I want to throw together a batch of seitan so I can have Buffalo Wraps for dinner.  I am also hoping to find time to squeeze in a carrot cake of epic proportions for our small group Wednesdsay night. 

These overwhelming feelings I feel seem a little caveman-ish.


ME VEGAN. MUST COOK. 
Don't rag on my cave girl, either.  She's only a gatherer.  See that smile? No hunting here. 

So what to leave you with? I still haven't decided.  The last couple of suggestions I got were for my cinnamon rolls, but I'm still trying to pin down the amount of cinnamon.  Dumping it in until the dough is the color of my favorite fair-trade breakfast blend isn't an exact measurement.

So, how about carrot cake with a side-effect of toe-curling? 

Yes, it really is that good. In my opinion. And that whole thing is my piece. BACK OFF!
I'll fork over the recipe when I've had testers beside myself...my friendly small groupers better be ready!  

3 comments:

  1. I enjoy your blog and recipes. I think our kids have some of the same health issues and I'd love to try some of your purer recipes. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to test this Carrot cake! Yummy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Maybe I will skip supper so that I can eat a piece that size at group! Hey, it has carrots, so it COULD count as a balanced meal, right?

    ReplyDelete