Sunday, January 31, 2016

In Good Fashion

Keeping with my last post, well over two years ago, it's time for a bit of an update.

Picking up where I left off in December of 2013, I was a stay-at-home mom with a newborn (whom I affectionately call Baby B), a sweet-singing eight year-old (Little B), and wife to my darling, bi-vocational husband, Mr. B.

Quite a bit has changed since those days.

At the request of one of my favorite people, EVER, I went back to teach Kindergarten with the amazing Regina Berns in the fall of 2014. It was crazy. I was crazy, but the people, kids, and school were amazing, so it didn't seem so much like work. Definitely no writing happening. I didn't think I could get any busier.

WRONG.

A random meeting presented me with the opportunity to apply for a Graduate Teaching Assistantship at Kansas State University. I applied. I got it. I am now working on my Ph.D in Curriculum and Instruction. This isn't something I imagined happening for another ten years, so I was incredibly surprised and still am that I'm a student again.

We also moved, which was a huge blessing. Baby B may be tiny, but the girl was just the thing to push us to the brink in our tiny house. We love our new home and it is perfect for us. Just enough space and we can have people over for dinner and actually sit down in the same room. Brilliant, I know.

Well, that's the abridged update. I probably wouldn't have even ended up here except I trying to put off a paper on a unearned privilege experiment by researching Whole30. I went to comment on another Whole30er's blog and it didn't accept my blog address.  Turns out I changed the name of this blog and forgot what I renamed it. When I was staying home with Baby B, we went from vegans to freegans (if it was free, we'd eat it).  It seemed misleading to leave it, so I changed it.

I look forward to more procrastination posts in the near future...or let's be honest, not so near future.

See you in 2018, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment