Wednesday, March 30, 2011

IT'S MY BIRTHDAY!

Guess what folks - I'm not going to type it because you already know!

WARNING: This is going to be a boring and semi-obnoxious post, but that's alright because IT'S MY BIRTHDAY!

I got a lot of friendly birthday wishes, which was so nice.  Especially since today wasn't really an ideal birthday. I got a couple of early birthday presents in the form of strep and an ear infection.

Nice, I know.

Truth: Being stuck in bed for three straight days blows.  I read Pride & Prejudice and Northanger Abbey then watched more BBC Jane Austen TV mini series than is safe for human consumption.  The person, be it gentleman or lady, who has not pleasure in a good novel, must be intolerably stupid...or delirious with fever.

I drug myself out of bed today, not because I felt better, but because my first graders had a musical program at school.  I'd left my teaching partner, Miss G, to handle all the insanity at school while I was sick.  Thank God she is brilliant and resourceful.

This morning I entered my classroom to a deskful of cards, treats and a basket full of health products because A: I was sick and B: I am a total germ phobe.  My friends know me too well. I also got vegan brownies and cookies.  Who has awesome friends? ME.

After downing a birthday Monster, Advil and antibiotic, I charged on through the day.  Mr. B came to the rescue when 3 of my firsties' sweatshirts for the musical were MIA.  Turns out they weren't MIA, but HBTCITDR: hidden behind the curtains in the dining room.  Don't ask because honestly, I don't know. 

Anyhoo, after Mr. B returned from the sweatshirt rescue mission, he brought them to school along with Taco Bell and flowers.   He even stuck around to help the kids get ready for their dress rehearsal for the school and even stayed to watch. He loves his vegan sweetie, what can I say?

As a birthday present to me and the last nerve I had left, my class got a long recess and a few minutes to color some dog pictures, which gave me the chance to get into the Advil again.

I didn't go home after school so I got a second visit from Mr. B and Little B; this time toting balloons and Subway.  Excellent. 

When I finally did get home it was almost 8:45.  I had to pick Little B from church since Mr. B had band practice until 10:30.  Yay. 

Did you catch that sarcasm?

So, no, it wasn't my ideal birthday, but it was good day with people I love.  And who could want more than that?

Except maybe tickets to WICKED at the Orpheum in Omaha in May?

Except maybe for all of you to follow my blog!

C'mon! A girl only turns 32 once...or twice.

No comments:

Post a Comment