Monday, March 21, 2011

Up to Scratch

It's my spring break and I feel like doing NOTHING.

Now, you'd think that after 10 days sans post that LAST week was my spring break, but you'd be wrong. 

I've spent the last few days feeling itchy because spring is in the air and somehow, by the grace of God, I've managed to open every window in our house.  This means that I've been literally scratching my nose because spring is literally in the air.  Who wants to cook when you're constantly stopping to wash your hands every ten seconds? Who wants to eat food prepared by a cook with said itchy nose?  No one.  It doesn't matter if the food is vegan and delicious.

So as I hacked through my drug arsenal, searching for some allergy antidote, it came over me that I just wasn't in the mood to cook anyway. This is especially strange, because I haven't had an episode of kitchen block since before our summer vacation last year.  The whole journey from dairy-free to egg-free to vegan has really kept me motivated.

Until this week.

I am feeling unusually uncreative.  I think it is partially because I have been channeling what little creativeness I have left into other areas (two musical productions in the next month).  The kitchen is getting left out.  I even sent Mr. B off to Papa Murphy's yesterday in lieu of cooking. Preheating the oven for dinner took what little energy I had left.


So to combat my culinary drought, I will be cooking from one cookbook all week long. I have chosen Isa Chandra Moskowitz's Vegan with a Vengeance.

Every recipe I've tried that this vegan genius has created has been amazing. Therefore, this week I am relying on her to nourish my family because my brain is too overworked from all the nose scratching. 

On a side, but related note, I, ahem...borrowed a camera to take pictures while on break. So each recipe will be photo journaled to the best of my sub-mediocre ability.     

Now I must be off to collect the bounty of ingredients for this week's deluge of vegan cuisine...and a super-size bottle of Claritin, of course.

1 comment:

  1. Looking forward to what you share!! I have been feeling lazy, too, but am starting on my projects today :)

    ReplyDelete