Sunday, November 20, 2011

Thankfulness: Good Reasons

Want to know why I skipped my homage of Thankfulness yesterday? There are so many reasons. 

Well, not really. There are actually six, but they are perfectly good reasons.

1. SLEEP
I greatly value the ability to not play slave to an alarm clock at least one day a week.  This day is Saturday and I love Saturdays. Yesterday was Saturday. Have I made myself clear?

2. BOOK CLUB.
I read like Charlie Sheen drinks. Book Club is like therapy for me.  There is a group of five smart, well-educated, well-read ladies who get together once a month and talk about books.  They let me come. They are soooo nice...and brilliant, and pretty, and fashionable, and amazing mothers. 

3. SEITAN CUTLETS.
Seitan - one of the holy meat-alternative trinity along with tofu and tempeh.  You can buy it in the store, but I prefer to make it at home. It's significantly cheaper and with my Kitchen Aide mixer for kneading, it's easy as pie (which I don't think is easy, but that's not the point).  Turns out that you don't need a Kitchen Aide at all for homemade seitan, just a willing six-year-old. 
Note to self: Add hairnets to Christmas list.

4. TWILIGHT SAGA: BREAKING DAWN. 
I went to see it on Saturday afternoon.  Yes. I've read all the books.  Yes. I've read the entire series more than once (see #2 above).  If I tell you how many times, I would have to kill you. The movie was terrible, but I was with a friend, which improved the viewing experience significantly.  We found Edward's make-up during the birth scene to be reminiscent of a first grader eating pizza. 

5. TACO BELL with GOOD FRIENDS.
Okay, so it wasn't so much the Taco Bell as much as it was having their sweet baby Sawyer fall asleep on my shoulder.  Outside of your bias toward your own child, have you ever seen anything cuter?

I didn't think so.
He got a nap on me and a nap on Mr. B.  We don't really look to make friends with people who have boats or vacations houses, just sleeping babies.  We are such simple people. 

6. HULU NIGHTCAP with MR. B.
If you ask Mr. B or I if we watch TV, we will tell you no.  This is a half-truth.
It is half true because we don't actually watch the television.  It is a half-lie because we watch several televisions shows on Hulu.com: The Office, Grimm, Once Upon a Time, and The Sing-Off.  I can add Parenthood and Glee to my personal list. Too much TV rots your brain.  I read more than an hour every day (see #2 again).  I figure this balances things out. 
    
So, in a nutshell, those are the reasons for not blogging yesterday.  Completely reasonable, don't you think? 

Seeing as I only care about my own opinion, this question is rhetorical. 

Notice how me blogging about yesterday is basically skipping today too?

You're so clever.

5 comments:

  1. Saturday is usually my ony day for sleeping in, too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. If I could only sleep in one day a week I would die. Cereal. Hence the Hamm's Rule #2...wake Mrs. Hamm up at 8 on the weekends for a 9 o'clock appearance.

    Bless.you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You guys should have bought Deathly Hallows pt. 2 instead of going to the movies to see a dude bite some chick's uterus so some other dude could fall in love with the toddler that emerged from said uterus.

    ReplyDelete