Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Thankfulness: Pumpkin Spice Latte

Ha! Three days in a row! I am a little amazed at myself.  Since I am spending the rest of the month tooting the horns of others, I figured a personal toot is permissible.

If you are my mother: insert a fart joke HERE.

When mornings are cold and I have obsessively scraped down the sides of my food processor the previous evening, there is always a little pumpkin puree left over for these...
  

Pumpkin Spice Latte
by Mama Pea
Ingredients (serves 1)
1 c. strongly brewed coffee (can use flavored variety, if desired)
3/4 c. non-dairy milk
1 T. non-dairy vanilla creamer
2 T. canned pumpkin
1/2 t. cinnamon
1/4 t. ginger
1/4 t. ground nutmeg
dash garam masala (optional; this is an Indian spice that gives it a nice little kick)
stevia to taste
Instructions
Brew your coffee using 1 T. of ground coffee for each 6 oz. of water. Be generous. If this is going to take the place of espresso, we’ve got to use all the help we can get. I also use the strongest setting my coffee pot allows.
Combine remaining ingredients in a microwave-safe measuring cup.
Heat milk/pumpkin/spice mixture until it is very hot, about a minute and a half in the microwave.  You could also do this on the stove-top, but I’d rather risk radiation exposure than dirty a pot. I’ve got my priorities in order.
Pour mixture into a high speed blender.
Blend on high until mixture is fully incorporated and frothy.
Pour frothy pumpkin milk into a large coffee cup.
Pour freshly brewed coffee into pumpkin milk and gently stir.
Top with pumpkin pie spice, if desired.
_________________________________________________________________________________
So on this fourth day of thankfulness, I am showering my pumpkin-flavored gratitude on Mama Pea and her delightful latte. If you want amazingly good recipes, an awesome cookbook, and an ab workout from laughing at her hilarious blogs, check her out at www.peasandthankyou.com.  
See you tomorrow...I hope!

No comments:

Post a Comment