Thursday, November 17, 2011

Thankfulness: My Nutritional Boyfriend, CLIF.

It is a bit of a fuzzy memory, but I think I actually used to get right out of bed when my alarm went off - with a spring in my step and a smile on my face.  

Not anymore.

I'm not sure how my process of 'waking' evolved into the diabolical disaster it is nowadays. When I was sick, it had a lot to do with the fact that I never felt rested.  Waking up exhausted is something I never imagined possible.  But now, it is more like a challenge to see exactly how long I can stay in bed and still get to where I need to be without being late in a reasonable amount of time. 

This past Tuesday was a rough day a work.  (I'll bring the story back around, I promise!) I needed to go to the grocery store immediately after school, but had to go home and decompress first. Some people shouldn't go to the store when they are hungry.

I shouldn't go when I am stressed. EVER.

I hit Dillons promising I would stick to the list and not venture out.  No two liters of cream soda, no bags of buffalo pretzels, no 3lb tub of hummus, or Double Stuffed Oreos.

But in lieu of grocery therapy, I was already planning to push my alarm further than I ever had before. When it is 4:30pm and you're already trying to figure out how much time a dry shampoo will shave off your morning routine - you know it's bad.

Knowing I would definitely sleep away my breakfast time, I headed straight to the aisle with granola & energy bars. This brings me to what I a VERY thankful for...



Clif Bars are all kinds of awesome.  I am no stranger to breakfast bars. It's not like the snooze button issue is a new thing. I've tried lots and been left grossly unsatisfied. Until I ventured across my first Clif bar.  It was a Chocolate Chip and it was delicious.  Then came Clif Kid Z Brownie Bar, a hit with the whole family.  Our favorite is probably White Chocolate Macadamia. Whether bar or crunch, it's amazing

My most recent thrill came from this...


"It’s chock full of whole nuts, pretzel pieces and other tasty morsels. Crunchy & chewy, with a sweet & salty taste, it’s a perfect snack. And since it’s made with 70% organic ingredients, it’s good for the planet too."

Please don't worry about my new gourmet beau and me.  Mr. B is okay with this little love affair of mine. It creates no friction in our relationship, except when there is only one bar left. 

Oh, Clif Bars, how do I love thee? Let me count the ways...

In fact, I think I will...tomorrow morning after I hit the snooze button. Who's got two thumbs and will be counting Clif bars to fall asleep...and then eating one when she finally gets up?

This girl. 

No comments:

Post a Comment